Ok, so as discussed, the reason you moved the modules_svg target and associated
dependencies was because you could not otherwise know whether Graphviz was

If so, then please do the following:

1. Change this fix_bug_962255 branch to always create the modules_svg target
(as it appears that it used to do, but was commented out) and ensure that this
works correctly when Graphviz *is* present.

2. Delete the fix_bug_962255_image_module proposal and branch (I believe they
will no longer be necessary, correct?).

Then, I will add some code to allow detection of whether a non-core module
exists, and put the appropriate wrapper around the modules_svg target.