The two changes to add LIB_PATH to --module-path for testdriver are good and
reasonable.

As Matthias said in email, I'm not sure about the major change here of putting
command-line paths before built-in paths. It was originally done as it is in
order to prevent exactly what you're apparently trying to do - put your own
versions of Zorba core modules in place of the ones included in Zorba. We did
it as a (fairly weak) security measure, as well as to ensure as much as
possible that Zorba's core functionality was knowable and unbroken.

What exactly is the use-case here? Why do you need to replace core modules? (If
you're not replacing core modules, I'm not sure what problem this change would
solve.)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/zorba-tests-when-installed-fix/+merge/109160