It is in the testing/debugging phase. Matthias is doing the testing
using the Sausalito code. So far he has reported 3 problems. I have
fixed 2 of them (but he has not confirmed yet) and for the 3rd, I need
more info from him.

The branch is this: ~zorba-coders/zorba/no-expr-serialization

  Reworked Plan serializer

  This is a tracking bug for a new feature.

  Markos has rewritten the plan serializer; I believe that work is
  complete but not yet merged.

  Matthias is writing tests and use cases in preparation to merge this
  onto Zorba trunk.