Hi Carlo,

Welcome!

> On 21 Mar 2023, at 06:55, Carlo Ascani <carlo.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I would like to explore alternative to Elixir/Phoenix and Python/Django to
> develop CRUD admin interfaces.
>
> My goal is to:
> - Render a data table which displays all the records of a specific Resource
> Category

That is easy, especially if your data is a resource (aka page).
In that case you can use the generic resource and query routines.

If your data is a special table then you can directly access your models from
the templates.

> - Render links to RUD actions for each record

We use mostly async messages for this kind of actions.
The messages are posted over the MQTT message bus to the server (and back to
the client).

You can use “wired” events for which we have all kinds of actions.

Or you can use (or bind) topics to post messages to the server (models).

> - Render forms to CRU the Resource Category

We don’t have routines to automatically generate forms.

> Before starting getting my hands dirty with Zotonic,
> I am asking if such a thing is possible (I believe so).
>
> For example, let's say my resource category is a Material, that has a color
> and a name.
> Can the Material be presented in the Zotonic admin interface as if it is NOT
> a page?
> Or must everything be a page?

Our philosophy is that everything is a thing.

That is until it isn’t.  For example with payments, which need specific
administration and access.
For those we add extra pages and menu items in the admin.

> That is my only concern, IIUC Zotonic is specific for blogs?

No it is a generic content management framework, geared towards semantic data.

See some examples here:

https://zotonic.com/made-with-zotonic

> I am sorry for the silly questions, I would accept a RTFM as an answer.

You are welcome :-)

You can also read an introduction to some concepts and ideas behind Zotonic:

https://zotonic.com/page/2192/the-rationale-of-zotonic

Cheers, Marc

--

---