Kenneth Gonsalves schrieb:
i am having a very weird experience. I have a page template called manageheads. This requires a parameter called 'companyname' to be passed to it. I access this option as:
when i call the ZPT from the web like so:
it works

Are you shure this works? Did you redefine 'options' somewhere?

but if i call it from a python script like so:
return manageheads(companyname=nameofcompany)
it complains saying
key error 'companyname'

It should simply work.

The weird thing is that i have several similar ZPTs where this call from python scripts work perfectly in the same zope instance. So why not in this one? any clues?

Maybe you did redefine 'options' in your template.