On Tuesday 21 Jun 2005 11:27 pm, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Kenneth Gonsalves wrote at 2005-6-21 09:08 +0530:
> >the variable in question is 'compname' which is either
> >request['compname'] or options['compname'] depending on how the
> > ZPT is called (from web it goes to 'request' and from script in
> > goes to 'options')
>
> Thus, you normalize like this
>
>       ... tal:define="
>           compname options/compname | request/compname
>         "
>
> and then use "compname"...

i solved it like this:

python:request.set('compname',options['compname'])
and then accessed it as
request['compname']

from what i can see, the end script called is a recursive script and
for some reason, it only works if the variable comes from 'request'
 and not from 'options'. I am going to make the simplest example of a
recursive script and see if this hypothesis is correct. will revert
--
regards
kg

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgon