Am 01.11.2006, 22:25 Uhr, schrieb norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello,
What tools are needed to read HTTP-XML generated data from an external site and display this within a ZPT?
I have an output.xml file on a remote server, like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<products>
  <product>
    <id>2</id>
    <type>Type</type>
    <typedesc>TypeDesc</typedesc>
    <name>Name</name>
    <shortdesc>shortdesc</shortdesc>
    <status>0</status>
    <url>http://www.site.com</url>
    <thumbnail>2t.jpg</thumbnail>
    <image1>2a.jpg</image1>
  </product>

You will need either an XML Parser or XSL(T) although I can't really see the point in then using a ZPT unless you wish to include this information in an existing page.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com

Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD for free!