Thanks for the input.  Sounds like not the right card forme, because I have
a large monitor on a 7100, and would like  at least 1152 resolution.

Guy

on 12/8/04 11:51 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> This card is for sale on lem-swap.  I wondered if anyone had any experience
>> with one of these?  Or if not, any suggestions where some info might be
>> available?
>
> The Colorboard 264 was the first "affordable" 24-bit video board
> available for NuBus Macs.
>
> It supports only 640 x 480. Intended only for the Apple "high resolution"
> RGB monitor.
>
> Everything you need is built into the card.
>
> Upon power-on reset, it comes up with the RasterOps "splash", and then
> goes from there as if it was a standard 8-bit card, which it can emulate.
>
> You can change the resolution to 24-bits, using the Monitor control panel.
>
> There was a version of the Colorboard 264, called the 264/SE, which added
> 24-bit video to the SE/30.
>
> IIRC, there is a required ROM upgrade to run these cards on PPC Macs. I
> believe I got a quotation from RasterOps for one of these upgrades.
>
> But, with the price of an already PPC-compatible SuperMac 24-bit card,
> which supported more than just 640 x 480, and at least 1152 x 870 falling
> to about $15, there was no reason to pay RasterOps $29.95 plus tax and
> shipping for such an upgrade.
>
> Hitachi bought RasterOps, and then dumped its card line, but expanded its
> monitor line, only to dump its monitor line.

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal