on 4/25/05 2:30 PM, 1st PowerMacs at 1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I'm using OS 7.5.2 and MacPPP. Within MacPPP it shows the FreePPP icon and
> that's where I configure all the dialer stuff. I have contacted the ISP and
> all is correct - they say it's on my end, that they're not hanging up on me.
>
> Can you clarify your instructions a little - I'm a PC person and am not that
> familiar with Apple jargon.
>
> Tx,
>
> Dave

7.5.2? That may well be your problem! Perhaps the flakiest version of the
Classic OS (or for that matter any Apple OS) ever, it was released with the
1st PCI Power Macs. It may be the only OS you have, but you can (& should)
upgrade for free it to 7.5.3 or 7.5.5 (best for a Power Mac):

<http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/En
glish-North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/System_7.5_Version_7.5.3/

Getting it off your PC & onto the Mac may be a problem, the .bin files are
too large to go by floppy (unless you have a utility to segment them, &
re-assemble them on the Mac), if you have the software, you may be able to
ethernet it. I haven't had to do it, & I don't know enough about your setup
to comment on what exactly you have to do. Others may be better able to
instruct you.

--

Bill

Art page: <http://geocities.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal