The 5400/200 is an all in one, and was made for schools. I happen to be in the right place at the right time in Phoenix one day and found it at a Goodwill. I bought it for $4.99 because no one there knew that you had to push the button on the keyboard to start it up, they had no keyboard for it. Yes the Ethernet is kind of a built it, you can take it out, but it came from the factory with it installed in the comm port.

From: Bill Judson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "1st PowerMacs" <1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
Subject: Re: [1st] 5400/200, TCP/IP Problem
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:45:47 -0800 (PST)

>   My powermac 5500/225 had the same problem, I solved it by removing =20
> the geoport modem and install the ethernet card in the com slot
>   (LC PDS SLOT )  and hey presto i had ethernet. IF its built in =20
> ethernet(eg attached to the motherboard) then i have no clue
> Paul Evans
> Fairwell, Arnage
> Auchnagatt
> ELLON
> Aberdeenshire
> AB41 8UW
>
> 01358 701367
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> On 9 Dec 2005, at 17:35, Michael Danieals wrote:
>

> >  I have a 5400 with two external drives. Main drive in the 5400 is
> > running OS 9.1, external #1 is OS 8.1. Both systems get on the net
> > through the built in Ethernet with TCP/IP to a DSL no problem.
> > But the 2nd external has system 7.5.5 and the TCP/IP has nothing for
> > the Ethernet in the pull down menu "connect via:".  I have updated
> > to OpenTransport 1.1.2 but still nothing for the ethernet in the
> > TCP/IP. I am sure I have all the extensions for the ethernet.
> >  What have I missed?
> >
> >     Thanks for any and all help,
> >                 Michael

A 5400 has no built-in ethernet in the sense of having a controller chip
on the motherboard; it's either a card in the proprietary CS II slot, or
the PCI slot. Check to see if you have the relevant Apple extensions, or
if it's a 3rd-party card, you may need the manufacturer's drivers.

~~

Bill

Art page: <http://geocities.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/>

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal