Kenji,
I have had similar problems booting terminals from remote fileservers
and even when loading drawterm on a computer connected to the
CPU/auth/file server by a single switch.  In the latter case, at
least, my problem seems to have been related to a misconfigured
/lib/ndb/local.  Anticipating a forthcoming network change, I had used
the server's as-yet-unconfigured domain name in /lib/ndb/local in
various dom= and auth= fields.  As some people have speculated, this
seems to cause an attempted DNS lookup somewhere along the line, but
since that name doesn't resolve to the correct machine, you end up
waiting a long time.  Changing "plan9.domain" to just "plan9" in the
auth= and dom= fields for my network and server entries seems to have
cleared up the problem.

John