On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lucho had a mount helper at one time that was able to use p9p to
> authenticate when necessary -- this would be a nice feature to include
> in the mount helper but is difficult to include without p9p as a
> dependency.
>
> It would be nice if 9mount and/or 9bind could do an unshare to create
> a new namespace, but given the current Linux semantics, I'm not sure
> you can get the right behavior (ie. 9mount will have its own name
> space, but then the mount won't be visible in the shell which called
> it).

yes, the way we fixed this on 2.6.24 and clusters was that the mount
helper actually forked a shell for you as well. So you specified your
entire name space, the mount helper forked with NEWNS, and at the end
it dropped you into a shell. Not really very intuitive, but it worked
really well.

thanks

ron