>> My particular concern is to encourage convergence towards a single
>> source distribution rather than divergence as seems to have been the
>> case so far with Plan 9 native, Inferno, p9p and now Go. What I have
> [...]
>> And, obvious sequitur, what would it take to replace Plan 9's "patch"
>> approach with a "codereview" one?  It seems to me that everyone might
>> benefit from it.
>
> i suppose it needs saying: bell labs, not to be confused with google, ...

Hard to confuse the two, but it doesn't hurt to clarify.  Codereview
is run as an independent operation and would give Bell Labs some
breathing space.  Good or bad, that's much more difficult to decide,
but I think that those who might participate in the review process
(and remember that the Go Authors seem to be behind codereview for Go
and we know some of them well) would have Plan 9's best interest at
heart too.

++L