On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 4:26 AM,  <lu...@proxima.alt.za> wrote:
>> but I can dig
>> them up, clean them up, and share them,
>
> My particular concern is to encourage convergence towards a single
> source distribution rather than divergence as seems to have been the
> case so far with Plan 9 native, Inferno, p9p and now Go. What I have
> chosen to do, ill-advised as it may be, is to set up a mercurial
> repository to re-distribute hacked Go sources that mostly contain
> harmless changes that make it possible to compile the Go sources and
> specifically the development toolchain with the Plan 9 toolchain.  I'm
> presently trying to bring the work I did last year into this
> repository and at the same time keep track of the Go release.

I've had a composite repo of previous attempts (well, Sape's previous
attempt) at doing this (for some time) at:
http://code.google.com/p/go-plan9/

I'm happy to add anyone to the committer/admin list, although my
preference is to keep the main branch in sync with go and have folks
attempts at conversion in sub-branches.  You are of course welcome to
maintain your own repo with your own effort, I just figured if
everyone had a common place to see what approaches people were using
we might get there faster....

       -eric