Well, I think it depends also on who one is and what one can afford to do at a
point in time. And "afford" isn't necessarily only measured in dollars :)

I would much rather spend $200 on a slick Plan9 box, but I can't afford, given
my current state of texpertise, to risk a government-funded project on a
research O/S where support is more difficult. So an Apple it is, for the time
being (for a lot less than $5000, btw...)

That's not to denigrate Plan9 by any means. I'm looking at it, like it, and
hope to continue learning the ropes. But at the immediate moment, I don't
really have a realistic choice, even given that the help I've got from people
on this list has been fantastic. So for me, the short term solution is the
Apple, and ideally, the long-term solution will be Plan9.

<aanlktino4jaj+t6a31r+fhwhof6nq6g=jlqqzuoys...@mail.gmail.com>, Bruce Ellis