> for everyone running realemu, please try with the new version to
> see if i broke something.

Why TARG=qi in the mkfile (I would have guessed 8i, but I could be
wrong)? and I think the error:

        term% mk install
        cp 8.out $BIN/qi
        rc: null list in concatenation
        mk: cp 8.out $BIN/qi  : exit status=rc 9367: error

comes from not defining BIN?

Also, there's

        usgae:  ./8.out [-Dpt] [-s srvname] [-m mountpoint]

;-) but I'll gladly submit a man page if you throw a couple of
guidelines in my direction.

That said, I haven't tried it yet.  I'm a little concerned about
aux/vga being altered to expect the emulation in /dev/realmode* and
what it may do if it's not there, which probably merely shows how
limited my understanding is.

I would like to see this type of change find its way into the
distribution permanently, I'll certainly help if I can.

++L