On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 07:48:14PM -0700, Rob Pike wrote:

> We'll get the Plan 9 implementation up to scratch. It's not there yet,
> though.  Once things look solid we'll need a volunteer to set up a
> builder so we can automatically make sure the Plan 9 port stays
> current.

That's code for "we'll have a build under Linux for the Plan 9
cross-development system" or "we'll have a Plan 9 port of Go?"

I've been thinking, besides my now very dated efforts to port the Go
toolchain to Plan 9 native, that there may be merit in an intermediate
port of the C and Go toolchains to p9p.  But combining the build
environments looked pretty complicated.  I did try, but I got lost
trying to keep the three build environments (Linux, Plan 9 and p9p)
in my head at the same time.

Still, there may be somebody out there who can get this done better than
I would.

++L