On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 10:37:30AM +0300, Pavel Zholkover wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed explanation, I've added your patch to if that
> is alright with you https://bitbucket.org/paulzhol/golang-plan9-
> runtime-patches/

May I suggest that we identify Go executables, because they may not run
under 9vx, as different from Plan 9 executables and adjust the Plan 9
kernel to identify these and avoid running them under 9vx?

There will be changes to Plan 9 to match the Go toolchain, this one is
really small and could be seen as acceptance of Go as part of Plan 9's
future.  Ideally, when the Go runtime no longer needs special treatment
we can re-categorise Go executables as normal Plan 9 executables.
That option moves into the hands of the Go developers, which to me seems
like the right place.

The other one I would like to submit as a patch affects /386/include/u.h
(and other architectures), involving the addition of integer types of
various length.  Equally small and benign.

Opinions?

++L

PS: Would anybody like to summarise for us plebs whether there is any
convergence looming between Go and Plan 9 on the x64 front?  It seems
sad to miss a chance to add a peer-reviewed and thoroughly tested 64-bit
toolchain to Plan 9.