> Is /dev/irqstat a lapsus? Here are /dev/irqalloc and
> /net/ether0/ifstats:
[...]
>          42          10 ether0

well, boo.  the labs version doesn't give enough information.  i was expecting
something like
; grep ether0 /dev/irqalloc
       65.0          11             17224065         190397006374 msi-x
ether0
which gives vector.processor, bus irq, number of interrupts, total fastticks
taken, type, and driver.
with this info, one can calculate ns/interrupt and interrupts/sec.

> TxOk: 4483
> RxOk: 7520
[..]
> xmit descr queue len: highwater 0/31 curr 0 hitmax 0

this doesn't look like very much traffic.  how did you test?  are you using
the latest tcp?  what is the ping latency?  older labs kernels did a poor job
with moderate latency, and any packet loss.  newer versions should be ok,
but i haven't tested myself.

> rtl8169: unknown mac 8168 4c000000

my version of the driver handles this hardware

> i8042: fe returned to the ea command

you don't have a ps2 mouse, but the system is configured to expect one.
0xea -> set streaming.