> Installing fossil on 9front is not really difficult.

Correct. You only need to grab the source of it from your favorite vendor,
place it into right places and build it like any other system program.

Here's a script I wrote some years ago to do exactly that:

  https://hg.sr.ht/~kvik/fossil-up/raw/mkfile?rev=tip

I've no idea if it still works as-is and you should probably just do the
steps manually anyway.

Integrating fossil back into 9front so that it can be installed from a live
CD and booted from in its many possible configurations is gonna take more
effort and be of dubious value.

You're all better off cheering for Ori for his progress on gefs, which might
finally let you to store some files on this cursed system and go to sleep.