In theory the math works thusly:

40 tables.
8   round functions per table
-> 320 candidate chains per keystream segment
64 keystream segments per burst
1   disk access per candidate chain
-> 20480 disk accesses per burst
4kbyte per disk access, 80mbyte per burst, 200 seconds with a 10ms HD, 10
seconds with a 500usec SSD.

20480 chains have to be processed in parallel on the GPU, the chain length is
2^15.
Half of the chains do not produce a hit in the tables, so their length is 2^14
(which
means after the initial chain regeneration there is no need to check the start
value
from the table, cause you do not find one).
A single SIMD engine can produce around 32M A5/1 chain links per second or 1000
chains
of size 2^15. The 5830M can thus produce 10k chains per second and needs 1.5
seconds
per burst to compute the candidate chains. Lets assume 3 seconds there cause
the lookup code is not as efficient as the generation code.
So unless you plan to use 5 SSD disks, the 5830M will not be to small.
Also, the 5830M is saturated with 81920 chains, which is 4 bursts in parallel,
below that
it will be just as fast as a 5870 (minus the clock difference)

Note this is theoretical, you would implicitly signup as beta tester if you
bought some hardware now,
but the order of magnitude is accurate.