For a discussion of keys and modes that we haven't yet done to death:

I was reminded by a discussion on another list that one convention in
printed music is that if the key signature changes, the former
signature is first cancelled by use of naturals, and then the new key
signature is written.

There are a couple of ways to implement this convention.  The
old-fashioned rule is to always do it.  A more modern rule is to do it
only if the new signature has fewer sharps or flats than the old one.

I don't believe that abc2ps uses either rule.  Does any ABC program?
--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org )

(Note the email and homepage address changes; please update your
address book, bookmarks, and links.)