    John> I think that cautionary accidentals are not musically significant.
    John> Whether or not to include them is an editorial decision.  However, it
    John> seems that some people here are saying that in some cases cautionary
    John> accidentals ARE musically significant.

No, I think what we're saying is that cautionary accidentals are easy
to confuse with editorial accidentals, which *are* musically
significant.

In my case, it's one of the things that makes lilypond easier to use
for my purposes than ABC -- I'm not willing to enter editorial
accidentals into my transcriptions unless I can distinguish them from
the ones in my sources.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org )

(Note the email and homepage address changes; please update your
address book, bookmarks, and links.)