Laurie Griffiths asks -

>Can someone tell me how to access the ABC Users list archive.
>(Do we have one?)

Well, I've heard it mentioned but I don't know how to get at it.

The V: command has moved on since the issue you mention which I agree is
manageable.

The question now is on the format of the V: command itself.  Some of the
quesions are -

1)  Should it be a number and nothing else eg. V:1  V:2 ...

2) Should it be nameable instead eg. V:soprano,  V:alto ...

3)  Should it have parameters eg. V:1 nam=vocal clef=bass or should these
appear in local commands applicable to one voice only.

4)  Should music be allowed on the same line
        eg. V:1 f4 gf/2g/2|a2 f2 d2|b3 c'd'b|a2 f2 d2|

There are definite compatibility problems between 3) and 4).  Someone argued
that V:1 clef=bass could be legitimate music.

That is the discussion that fizzled out.

Another point which a couple of people have made is that voice and staff are
not the same thing.  A voice may cross over between staves.  Two voices can
be represented on the same staff.  These have been largely ignored but there
are implications for the parameters.  For instance I would say that clef is a
property of staff not of voice.  On the other hand, key is probably a
property of both.

Bryan