Anton Keijzer wrote:

>To introduce myself: I have an interest in the usability of ASCII file formats
>for music composition by blind musicians.
>
>My question:
>In the case of the proposed V: extension to the abc file format, is it proposed
>to be legal notation to have more than 2 occurences of, for example, V:1, for
>different segments of the one voice? It might, in my opinion, make abc text
>more readable, in particular, for blind composers. This would be like the
>bar-over-bar layout of braille music notation.

I'm not sure about braille notation, but you can certainly have multiple
occurrences of each V: field.  In fact, BarFly will only display the
music correctly if each line is preceded by its own V: field, so the
layout of the abc is the same as that of the music.

Mind you, the usage of the V: field is not very standardised.  I wrote a
discussion of the differences between the different programs a while back;
it's at:

http://www.barfly.dial.pipex.com/multivoice.txt

Phil Taylor