    John> I'd rather not see this degenerate into a discussion of how
    John> to notate all the possible repeat patterns.  Granted, this
    John> isn't a completely general solution to all the world's
    John> problems. But it's something that handles most of the common
    John> repeat patterns, and can be implemented very quickly.  Then
    John> we can discuss how best to handle all the remaining cases.

I need a way to implement tenor G clefs and note values longer than
whole notes that works across applications and platforms.  Allowing a
couple of different syntaxes for the tenor G clefs is trivial to
implement for anyone who's allowing them at all, and so far I haven't
convinced anyone to do that in the absence of an agreed-on standard.

So I would guess this isn't going to get anywhere until the standard
gets changed to include it officially.  Which doesn't mean I'm in
favor of discussing all the possible repeat patterns, but my guess is
that someone will be.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574