John Chambers a skrivas:
        [snip]
> before or after a |. The abbreviation :: may be used for :|:, i.e., a
> combined end-repeat and start-repeat in the middle of a staff.

I see ::, but no :|: in the actual standard/draft. Do we have to
implement it?

        [snip]
> 1.  An alternate ending is indicated by [ immediately followed  by  a
> string of digits, hyphens and commas. If the [ follows a bar line, it
> may be omitted.  It is expected that these define a sequence 1..N, in
> the same fashion as standard music notation, to indicate playing the
> phrase N times with two or more different endings..

Agree (already done in abcm2ps).

> 2.  Multiple colons may be used before or after bar lines to mark the
> ends of repeated sections.  These are used to indicate multiple times
> through the passage, one extra time per colon.  If the  multi--ending
        [snip]
>    |:   ... | ... |[1,3 ... :|[2,4 ... :|
>    |::: ... | ... |[1,3 ... :|[2,4 ... :|
> These are equivalent.  The extra colons are useful  for  readability,
> but aren't needed because the 1,3 and 2,4 give the same information.
        [snip]
> The extra colons may be omitted with no loss of meaning.
        [snip]
> Many musicians are not familiar with the multi-colon  notation.   But
        [snip]

Right, over 45 years of my music life, I never saw such a notation!

        [snip]
> I'd rather not see this degenerate into a discussion of how to notate
> all  the  possible repeat patterns.  Granted, this isn't a completely
        [snip]

OK for me, I will just ignore these multiple colons instead of adding
dashed bars! BTW, could these last ones (simple colon) be the new
standard?

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
                |               http://moinejf.free.fr/
Pépé Jef        |       please, on reply, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]