| I posted this reply yesterday, but it seems it has got lost somewhere on
| the web. It'll probably pop up sonner or later, but just in case:

I got both of them.  Maybe the list isn't sending you your own messages?
Or maybe it's still wandering around out there somewhere.

| John Chambers wrote:
| > The most recent run of my tune finder's search bot saw a loss of over
| > 7000  tunes, which got my attention.  It turns out that it was mostly
| > due to a drop of 9000 tunes at www.geocities.com.  Much of  the  loss
| > seems  to  have  been  in the directory www.geocities.com/SoHo/9618/,
| > which now contains no file whose name starts with a letter after 'h'.
|
| That'll be the Ceili House Band's tune collection. Don't worry. It's all
| duplicated at the band's main site:
| http://members.aol.com/boynehunt/themusic.html

Good. I have that one in my indexes.

| One document - http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9618/winder.html -  with
| 144 tunes is missing, though. Maybe I should post the tunes at Musica
| Viva. Does anybody know anything about copyright laws for that kind of things?

Probably not much different for  you  than  for  the  original  site,
unless some of the tunes were written by the site's owner. There does
seem to be a lot of mirroring of others' abc tunes.  So far I haven't
heard  of any problems with it, other than the obvious observation of
the difficulty of getting typos fixed.

In a few cases, I've put up a copy of someone else's tune with  added
chords,  when they didn't have chords.  I also include the URL of the
original in such cases.  For a couple of the  tunes,  I've  mentioned
this  to  the composers, and so far they've never objected.  (If they
did, I'd remove the tune, but I get the impression that  most  people
enjoy seeing their tunes around on the net like this.)