John Chambers wrote:

>I did experiment some time back with having my Tune Finder add a line
>giving  the  URL  that  a  tune  came from.  I've commented this out,
>because I found that it was  just  too  difficult  to  get  the  line
>terminators  right  for Mac and PC users.  A lot of software on those
>systems  chokes  if  you  don't   use   their   (non-standard)   line
>terminators,  and  there's  no  way  to find out what they want.  Not
>having access to all their software, I can't do much experimenting to
>test  whether my code is producing something that is usable.

As far as BarFly (and probably most other software) is concerned, the
correct technique would be to use the same line terminator as the rest
of the file.  I test the first line and use that information to correct
the rest of the file, as it would be very slow to treat each line
individually.

>Maybe I
>should just convert everything to ANSI standard terminators? I know -
>I'll  have it use RS (Record Separator) characters, which is what the
>standard says is the preferred terminator.
>
>;-)

Technically, one abc tune = one record, so I suppose we should have
an RS at the end of each tune (but please don't:-)

Phil Taylor