Guido Gonzato said -

>As a computer guy, I already have a new
>syntax ready that just waits to be put down on paper...
>
>I let you guess the reasons why I didn't put it down on paper. But if you're
>interested, wave your hand at me.

Might be a good idea Guido.  It would take the pressure of a simple system that is already groaning at the seams trying to cope with everything everybody is throwing at it.  I was toying with the idea of going the opposite way and coming up with a definition for abc lite or perhaps acbxp (exchange protocol) based solely on the principle of exchanging relatively simple musical and documentary information regardless of the use to which it would be put.  Anybody interested?

Bryan Creer