Guido Gonzato wrote:

> As a computer guy, I already have a new
> syntax ready that just waits to be put down on paper...

Does anybody have any idea how many ascii based music notation formats
there are?
I mean if we're talking about a brand new standard, we ought to have a
look at the full picture, not just abc.

Simon Wascher wrote:

> (another approximation is to multiply the
> 14000 titles of the www abc index with an single tune size of about 20KB
> makes 280.000 KB ).

Actually the www abc index is too outdated to be of much value here. I
know of individual sites with more than 14 000 tunes each. It's hard to
estimate the total number of abc tunes out on the web, but it's
certainly more than 50 000 and probably far more than 100 000.

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com