Hello,

I have finished writing the new ABC+ draft. This is how I proceeded:

  - I checked out other notations and programs (MusiXTeX, PMX, M-TX, MUP,
  and Lilypond) to study their approach and solutions;

  - I kept ABC+ 100% upwards compatible with the ABC draft 1.7.6;

  - I introduced unofficial but already existing extensions, like %%staves
  and some such;

  - I added long fields (e.g. Index:) and commands (e.g. \move{-1.5,0}) to
  overcome current limitations.

As it is now, the new draft needs careful examination by a selected group of
developers; when its rough edges are smoothed out, it will make it to the
net and to this list.

I was going to send the draft to the following people who were interested:

  - Taral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  - Simon Wascher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  - Christoph Dalitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  and of course
  - Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf.free.fr>

but I'm sure I forgot somebody. If anyone is interested in _constructive_
criticism, please write to me off-list and I'll add you to this list. By
"constructive" I mean this: if you find an error in something I wrote,
saying "ha! this is nonsense!" isn't enough; you should provide a working
solution.

Waiting for helpers.
Later,
      Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <gonzato at sci . univr . it> - Linux system manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.