Hi, Aaron

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I downloaded a few files off the internet to test my parser.   I think
> understand everything that I see in the abc notation except for one
thing:
> there are some lines that seem to start with a square bracket ([) but
there
> is no closing bracket and it doesn't seem to be part of a chord.
What's this
> supposed to do, and which tool supports it?

If you build an ABC language parser, it could be a good idea to read at
least the abc standard V1.6
(http://www.gre.ac.uk/~c.walshaw/abc2mtex/abc.txt), which says:

---
  First and second repeats

First and second repeats can be generated with the symbols [1 and
[2,  e.g.  faf gfe|[1 dfe dBA:|[2 d2e dcB|]. When adjacent to bar
lines, these can be shortened to |1 and :|2, but with  regard  to
spaces | [1 is legal, | 1 is not.
---

It has not been modified in the proposed changes to the standard
(http://abc.sourceforge.net/standard-propose.txt).

Hope it helps.

Christophe