> From: "Laurie (ukonline)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 17:34:58 +0100

> Thus writing in a different key and inserting accidentals to correct is not
> musically relevant.

I disagree.  Writing __B instead of A, for instance, gives an indication
of the chord or chord progression that the composer had in mind.  Most
players would rather read A than __B, but someone analyzing the score
will probably be thankful for the __B notation.

In short, it isn't relevant to the sounds that come out, but it is
relevant to understanding what's going on musically.  I think anything
that's relevant to analysis of the music is musically relevant.

Jeff