In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes
>>ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVBVM60.DLL"
>>(File currently on disk was already up to date)
>I would have thought most people wouldn't have it and those with less
>computer expertise would be put off by lots of technical jargon along the
>lines of "If you've got this file do this but if not do that."

Windows XP (Pro) includes msvbvm60.dll as standard. I'd *guess* that it
comes along with 2K and ME as well (on the line of reasoning that they
were released after VB6), but until I'm back at work next week I can't
confirm that.

On the principle that most users confident enough to download a
programme and install it will know what version of Windows they're
running (????), you could perhaps get some more evidence then give a
simple

'if you're running Windows 95 or 98 you'll also need to download this
file'.

Which is what Jim does for Abc2Win (for vbrun300.dll) IIRC.

HTH

--
Steve Mansfield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]