>>> I've noticed a problem recently with Henrik Norbeck's tune collection.
>>> He has a habit of marking out sections of a tune with a text header
>>> written in quotes on a line by itself
>> Unfortunately you'll have to live with it. It's something I started
>> doing from the beginning in my collection, and have kept up the
>> same style. It would take too long time now to go through my
>> whole collection and change it, besides, many of the tunes I
>> transcribed are spread in many other places, so...
> OK.  I fixed it so it's reported as an error (unobtrusively, in an
> off-screen error list) but the tunes play and display correctly.

I used the same idea for tempo or playing style indications; this
was exploiting BarFly's strange line-end handling to get round ABC's
lack of a tempo-in-words construct.

Phil has now fixed the line-end oddity, and while BarFly (even less
ABC in general) still doesn't have tempi in words, you can now put
such indications on the same line as an old-style tempo to get them
printed as if it did.  Since this is a step forward, I've been quite
happy to change my files to suit.  I don't think total forward
compatibility forever is realistic, and small bits of maintenance
editing are actually beneficial, as other problems might get fixed
at the same time.

Does Phil's hack break anything?  I can't think of any drawbacks right
now, except that you might want to write this:

   ABC abc|ABC abc||\
   "_D.S."
   DEF def|DEF def|...

to put the dal segno at the end of the line.  Under Phil's new
interpretation that would force the two lines into one.  Not very
important.  But perhaps it ought to be a settable preference just
in case it really matters to somebody.

(Small bug in the latest BarFly: the only index sort order possible
is position-in-file - selecting one of the others does nothing).