On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Bernard Hill wrote:

> But the "23 different ways" is with us already it seems to me.
> Downloading files from various sources on the net has given a LOT of
> differences which can't all be correct at the same time. I even asked
> for advice from Chris Walshaw but no reply.

As soon as there is an uptodate standard, your
program can claim that it handles only standard ABC,
and the "22 other ways" will be deprecated. Users will
be adviced to only use software products that comply to
the new standard.

It is a very good idea to add an ABC version field to
the header, to distinguish old ABC from new ABC.

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ~~~*