From: "Bert Van Vreckem" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> For this kind of in-line stuff, maybe you could use the
established !!
> notation: !appname:info!

Thanks to everyone who pointed this out.

I must admit to having been under the impression that the !..!
elements were supposed to be more or less standard for all apps.
The 1.7.6 spec talks of the "currently defined symbols" and the
"list may grow" - which I interpreted as meaning it wasn't a free
for all <g>.   So maybe a standard is needed within this, such as

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:info! with the @ (or whatever) indicating that what
follows is an application name and application-specific data.
Maybe this symbol (I had in mind "@pplication")  is also a bad
choice as outlook-express turns it blue and underlines it. :-(

Dave
David Webber
Author of MOZART the music processor for Windows -
http://www.mozart.co.uk
Member of the North Cheshire Concert Band
http://www.northcheshire.org.uk