I. Oppenheim wrote:

| > All I wrote is that ABC tunes are written using
| > characters: A-Z, a-z, and some symbols.
|
| And what about  \'a  style accent notation?

Those  are  a  slightly-abbreviated  version  of  the   TeX
notation, supported by abc2mtex and abc2ps.  What other abc
tools implement these?

(One thing I just noticed is that abc2ps  and  my  jcabc2ps
don't  implement \\ as a way to get a single backslash into
the output.  This is an oversight that should be fixed.)

(I recently added \'y and \'Y to  the  list  that  jcabc2ps
handles.   So  now I can do Czech lyrics.  It's interesting
that Czech is a Latin-1 language.  How did that happen?)