=?iso-8859-1?q?Forgeot=20Eric?= writes:
| ps : well, let's discuss now about the chords with different note
| length [A2c4] etc. :) I expect a nice debate

Funny thing; just this morning I  got  a  personal  message
about  this.   But the writer was complaining about the the
opposite problem:  the difficulty of avoiding  such  things
when  editing  music  at 2 am.  The suggestion was a single
chord length that would apply to all notes.

I replied that this had actually been discussed in the past
and then sorta forgotten.  The most elegant solution was to
allow a length after the ] and it would apply  to  all  the
notes in the chord. I think someone else suggested that the
proper approach was to multiply the  lengths,  though  this
might be very rarely used.

Anyway the idea is that these would work:

   [GBd]3     means [G3B3d3]
   [GB]>[Ac]  means [G3/2B3/2][A/2c/2]
   [B-G2]3Bcd means [B3-G6]Bcd

and so on.

This is something that would be purely additional work for
implementors.  It's only benefit would be to user.

I wonder if anyone has implemented it already.