Phil Taylor wrote:

On 10 Nov 2004, at 06:34, Remo D. wrote:

3) overaly may occur on multiple measures
G(&A | bc & d | F&)g     --> d = A, F = b, g = c

No, I think the & operator sets the time back to the bar line, so this should be A=G d=b (bar doesn't add up) and g=F.
Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I don't saw the (& ... & ... &) construct in the standard, but only in
the abcm2ps documentation files (features.txt and sample3.abc). The
standard only describes the & operator.

From the abcm2ps files, I could unterstand that the (& ... & ... &)
construct is designed for *multiple bars* overlay. Please note that
otherwise the tokens (& and &) were useless. However, in my opinion
(consonant with Phil Taylor opinion), using (& ... & ... &) makes the
source very difficult to read, and that's why I never used it.

Regards.

Hudson Lacerda

P.S. In the file sample3.abc (from abcm2ps) there are some &&, but
(using that program) they have the same effect of the simple &. I cannot
understand it neither.