I'm not a percussist (is that a word?) but I am a programmer and a musician.  Of the various proposals I've seen, the only one that doesn't give me heartburn is the multi-voice one.  It has a number of  attractive features:
- it can group the midi-instrument and note-head instructions in one place per voice
- it allows the abc to be written in a way that doesn't force visual noise
- it allows the abc to be written with barlines lined up with other voices

wil

Frank Nordberg wrote:
Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

For notating complex things a more complicated notation system is
required, there is no way around that fact.

That's true, but we still have to try to keep things as simple as possible.

Besides, there already are at least two common text based standards for
complex music notation: lilypond and MusicXML. What's the point in
developing yet another one?

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/mjFolB/TM