Remo D. escreveu:
> Hudson Lacerda wrote:
>

>>Maybe some of you yet don't know that I have written some abcm2ps
>>extensions [...]
>>
>>You can get my abcm2ps extensions from:
>>http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/fmt.zip
>>http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/abc-pt-2005-11-02.zip
>

> Even if I already knew, I must confess I never had a look at your work
> before. Really impressive! I still have to dig in all the examples but I
> had a quick look and they look very good.
[...]
> Your examples are there to show that it *IS* feasible to get excellent
> outcomes from ABC tools!

Thanks!

> The first thing I opened was the shaped note heads example. I can see
> you can switch note heads inside the tune via decorations like !shape_m!
> and rely on the postscript in the .fmt for having them rendered properly
> in postscript.

That's the idea. I have tried use only a small number of decos, and let
the postscript operators do the almost all the work automatically.

> Note heads is a topic we briefly mentioned while talking about
> percussisions, I would like to agree a syntax for shaped notes so that
> whoever reads the abc file could understand it.

BTW, I was thinking about `%%setdrum': a more suitable name should be
`%%setpercussion', wouldn't you agree?

(Incidentally, `%%setdrum' was a my suggestion... :-P )

> My proposal is based on a set of note heads like: "head-square",
> "head-moon", ... to be used in the following ways:
>
>   0) a suitable default for special cases (e.g. sharp == x shaped notes
> for percussions)
>
>   1) mapping them explicitly (e.g." %%notehead square F" ). We should
> provide a semantic for altered notes: in the preceeding example, how
> should the head of "^F" shaped? My suggestion is that it should have a
> square note head and the regular alteration sign. We should define a
> semantic for pitch on different octaves. An example:
>     %%notehead square F F,      % Only F, and F will be "squared"
>     %%notehead triangle G all    % G G, g g' ... will all be "triangled"
>     %%notehead regular G all    % Back to the standard noteheads
[...]

As Phil have pointed out, shaped notes are defined according to the key.
The actual note heads are stardardized (two standards: Sacred Harp,
which uses 4 shapes; and Shaped Notes, which uses 7 shapes).

An ABC program could generate shaped notes just reading the K: field and
some explicit instruction like `%%shapednotes true' (or a V: option).

I think that the matter of modes is not relevant, because shaped notes
are intended to a specific kind of music, based on Major and Minor
scales, also harmonically simple.

Solfa names as note heads, on the other hand, are more complex: there
are 17 different solmization syllables. The program should take in
account the occurring accidentals, the names/notes associations can
change mid-tune, each mode can be sang in two ways (diatonic names and
comparative names). Besides, there are local variants (`doh' or `do' or
`dó').

In my current .fmt implementation, solfa names are globally set (there
is a collection of `modes' one can choose), and decorations are needed
in occurring accidentals (e.g. for `ta', `fi', etc.).

--
Hudson Lacerda <http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/>
*Não deixe seu voto sumir! http://www.votoseguro.org/

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/mjFolB/TM