Paulo Eleutério Tibúrcio wrote:
> Em Seg 24 Out 2005 19:29, Phil Taylor escreveu:
>>be cases where the repeat length of a stress pattern might cover
>>more than one bar.
>

> This is the case in Brazilian samba and its African ancestors,

It's very common to many South American rhythms.

In Europe we have the Scandinavian hambo and the two ancient dances
sharing the name sarabande. The hambo and the 17th/18th C. sarabande
both have a distinctive emphasis on the second beat of every other bar
while the 16th C. sarabande is in alternating 3/4 and 6/8 bars.

In the USA two bar claves patterns imported from the south can be found
in many variants of jazz, blues and rock.

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com
http://www.abc-notation.com
http://www.roarogfrank.com