On 2/14/06, Hudson Lacerda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> Yep, I should be written that the *final* _quantised_ pitchbend is
> 1/4096 semitone resolution. Thus one can use (1 to 8192) / (1 to 8192)
> in 0-2 semitones range to access the full range step by step.

Um, don't you mean (1 to 8192) / 8192? If the denominator isn't a
power of two it can't be represented exactly.

[...]
> Compatibility between applications. ABC standard should say the values
> normally a program can accept.
>
> Is 'unsigned short int' your suggestion for ``NUM''?

That sounds reasonable, but currently there are no restrictions on any
of the number ranges. In the BNF specification
(http://www.norbeck.nu/abc/bnf/abc20bnf.htm) they're all just
"1*DIGIT", which means 1 or more digits.

[...]
> What about score generators like abcm2ps? The number of accidental
> glyphs is limited, should it quantise also the fractions? Currently,
> abcm2ps accepts (1 to 256) / (1 to 256) because it identifies the used
> accidentals with a single unsigned 16 bit integer. Of course, if we
> define that numerator and denominator are both 16 (or 32) bits length,
> that code shall be changed accordingly.

What does it currently do with weird note lengths?

> Hudson

Keenan

Yahoo! Groups Links