[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

By the  way the Townes duet with Michael Weston King is pretty difficult
to find  for us "latecomers"; even his website says it's no longer available.
Guess  I'll have to settle for the maestro's solo vinyl  version.

"Riding the Range", recorded by the Good Sons with Townes Van  Zandt is
available on a compilation called "Cosmic Fireworks, The  best of the Good Sons
1994-2001" which can be bought through the website _www.michaelwestonking.com_
(http://www.michaelwestonking.com)  There's  even a picture of Townes with MWK
on the sleeve.  Its on the German label  phantasmagoria contactable through
_www.sireena.de_ (http://www.sireena.de)

I'd rather plug  MWK's site (buy direct - support starving artists!)  but a
quick search of the Amazon site shows copies of the album on which Riding  the
Range originally appeared are available.
_http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000024KDS/qid=1146119259/sr=1-7/ref
=sr_1_9_7/203-5276993-0755926_
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000024KDS/qid=1146119259/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_9_7/203-5276993-0755926)

On May 29th the MWK DVD  "The Crowning Story -  (From A Good Son  to A
Decent  Man) " will be released in Europe - I believe this  includes some footage
of TVZ, perhaps even the video for Riding the Range.

Phil

"To Live's To Fly" http://www.townesvanzandt.com

Shared files for all things TVZ: (MP3's, etc... ) http://briefcase.yahoo.com/townesvanzandt2001

See TVZ related links and files or change  your membership settings
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AboutTownes

"There's only two kinds of music... The Blues and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah." - Townes Van Zandt

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS