On 05.09.2013 17:05, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
It's not my call, but it isn't yours, either.

Yes, Thomas, it is my call in this case.

We all provide input, even across boundaries of expertise, but this is not a
democracy. It isn’t a dictatorship, either. It is a participation based
meritocracy within which we have different roles and responsibilities within
the over all effort.

This particular matter is not your responsibility.

Nobody micromanages your usability testing, guideline creation or your work on
bugs.kde.org for PA. People provide input, but you have a very free hand in
these things. Please show others the same consideration.

I'd say it's Carl's call then, isn't it? He asked for input. I gave my input (stating why I would not call it polished), you and others provides yours, and Carl stated why he considers "polished" to be the right word and I assume he will keep it in, which is fine with me because you're right, Carl is the marketing person, it's his responsibility and he's good at it.

What I’m trying to get across here is that this discussion is bordering on the
absurd, which is why I’d really, really appreciate on both a teammate and a
personal level if you could somehow find a way to just edit this one aspect of
your personal opinion related to release communication.

It may be a bit difficult for me at times to clearly distinguish between personal opinion and facts (like the fact that Smart TVs and set-top boxes are not touch devices), but I'll try.

To me it's similar with bugs: I may have annoyed you and Marco and
possible others as well when I insisted on several bugs being fixed
before release.

this is not the same thing in the least, and i know that if you think about it
for a moment or two that you’ll know that too.

With regards to release communication, it isn't that's true. I meant more of a general "Reminding people that there are still a lot of quirks to iron out", but since we're talking about a dot article here, it is indeed something different.