can you add, roughly WHY you want to do this?

FRS is enabled on ALL DCs in an AD forest, and that's the way it should be as SYSVOL replication uses FRS. FRS is one of those special services, that you don't want to screw around with (such as turning off, make a lot of file-system changes, turning back on), unless you really know what you're doing or you really want to have more trouble.

/Guido

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Durairaj K. Avasi
Sent: Sonntag, 9. Mai 2004 23:59
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] how to identify the servers (Domain Controllers) using File Replication service - - - And how to enable/disable FRS service on these servers

AD Gurus::

I hope all had very good weekend.. Here is my requirement where I stuck and I need your hand on this

In short: This is what I want:

Script 1: identify the servers (Domain Controllers) using File Replication service (FRS).

Script 2: Disable these found in Script 1. (When I say disable, I just meant to say FRS service on these servers)

Script 3: Enable these found in Script 1.  (When I say enable, I just meant to say FRS service on these servers)

The following is the detail of what I found…

How to identify the servers (Domain Controllers) using File Replication service (FRS)?

I found the “repadmin /replsum” in Active Directory cookbook. However I need the same output in a txt file just servernames (Note – not the status)

and how to disable and enable the FRS service on the above identified servers?

 I thought of using cscript service.vbs /X /N ntfrs /S __SERVERNAME /U avasi /W password /O c:\temp.txt  I don’t know how this is going to workout.

Thanks in advance.

Durairaj K. Avasi