-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of rubix cube
Sent: dinsdag 5 juli 2005 12:14
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] GC

As I understand sites are used if you have a remote site and you want
to replicate AD traffic, this is not my case and so I have 1 site.
I have a backbone main switches which I create the VLANs on and setup
filters on these VLANs so which IP ranges can access which servers and
resources, I have 15 IP ranges and different DHCPs, I have DHCP relay
agents on all my edge switches so the IP addresses setup and
distribution is being taken care of properly.

How to prevent users? through filtering all traffic from passing by
from one subnet to other subnets. easy but I don't' think it can be
done depending on AD and windows,
I guess I can create child domains and prevent users from logging in
except for specific domains, but I didn't try that yet since my
solution is working fine for me currently.

Why is that odd? :)

On 7/5/05, Ruston, Neil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't understand how this can work in one site :)
>
> If all DC/GCs are defined in the same site, then clients may be
'offered' any of these DCs from a DNS perspective, since they are all
'equal'.

> You appear to several odd environmental issues which need to be
addressed before attacking the Outlook related issues.