I remember a conversation about creating OU's under the Domain Controllers OU and how MSFT didn't recommend it, or didn't support it or something. joe?

That aside, you can't give local logon to a DC, there are no local accounts on a DC only domain accounts. That means that if he can log on to that DC he has enough rights to do some bad things (which has already been covered in this thread so I won't bother getting into it again).

As joe just said: don't do this.

Phil

You might consider a lower level OU under the Domain Controllers OU with a different GPO that grants him local logon to just that DC.

Thank You ! And have a nice day !

Mark Lunsford
KAISER PERMANENTE
Security Operations
Remedy Group: NOPS SECURITY EDOS SYS
Direct Manager: Bud Furrow
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Outside Phone: 925-926-5898
Tie Line Phone: 8-473-5898
C ell: 925-200-4077

"Gil Kirkpatrick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

09/21/2005 05:03 PM

<ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [ActiveDir] Domain Controller Security

Yes, untrusted admin + DC logon access = no more security.

If you're trying to lock him down, then you can't give him access to the
DC. Can you give him a member server for the file shares and just
delegate the password administraion on the OU?

-g